Goof Proof, Maufacturer Warrenty Scam | Bobs Discount Furniture in Newark, New Jersey

Purchased a sectional with a sofa bed from bobs less than a year ago. We didn't use the sectional till one day we had family stay over as we pulled out the sofa bed all we here are screws falling out and the sofa bed fell to its side. My husband proceeded to put it back in and the wood poked out from the back of the sectional. Also the metal scraped out hardwood floors leaving indention marks. We immediately called Bob's since we purchased Goof Proof and we brought a dining room table and buffet server as well and brought goof proof insurance for each item. We we told that we had to go through the manufacturer warranty since the furniture was less than a year old. The technician came out talked to his friend and didn't even pull out the sofa bed to inspect it. I speak to the lady who then says it's not a manufacturer problem and they couldn't do anything nor could I use the goof proof because the frame isn't covered until after a year. I was not told this when I purchased the goof proof. I explained how could it not be a manufacturer problem if the screws fell out and the the wood is coming apart under the leather. We have a leather sectional in our basement from another company going on ten years old without any problems. So I'm told that the furniture that I purchased that is only Seven Months old would not be fixed nor can I used the Goof Proof which I paid for. I was promised a call back at least three times, no one calls. I called and was told there was not a Senior Account Manager on hand that could help me. This happens each time I call. So AGAIN I'm told that I'm basically stuck with a Sectional that is damaged, that was brought seven months ago and can't be fixed. On top off that I cannot use the goof proof and I have to pay extra to get the spot on the floor refinished. I will post on every board, BBB that I can because this has to stop. The false practices from this company is not right. At the end of the day, we as the customer are being cheated. Oh still have not received this callback from the Senior Account Manger so we are going to the woodbridge store and see what happens from there.
Bob

I'd be glad to help out here. Please email me at BobCares@MyBobs.com with your order info. We'll have someone reach out ASAP...Thanks, Eric.

Review
Product
Bobs Discount Furniture Table
Loss

Bob's Discount Furniture Customer Service From ***!!! | Bobs Discount Furniture in Newark, New Jersey

Bob's Discount Furniture in Totowa, NJ provides horrible customer service. Stay away, and I mean far away, from Bob's- it is not worth the aggravation. Purchased sofa, love seat, coffee table, end tables, kitchen table, chairs, bedroom furniture. Ripcords on the sofa (which you pull in order to recline) break off every 3-5 months for no apparent reason. Bob's plays these games where you call to schedule a service appt, they can't schedule it until the part arrives, then 4 weeks later they have no part ordered and you have to start from scratch (wait another 4 weeks). Most recently the ripcord remained broken for a record breaking 3.5 months. At that point I threatened to hunt down and take care of the elusive "Bob". It's been going on for years. One time they sent a service tech, but he didn't know what he was coming for. So, he didn't have the ripcord, and I had to wait another 4 weeks for it to be ordered again. Calling corporate is pointless too. The furniture is beautiful and was reasonably priced- all is well until things start breaking- then there is just a whole lot of hassle. You can't even request a time window for the tech to come, such as morning or afternoon. They just leave a recording a couple days before telling you what 2 hour window they are coming within. I hate Bob's Discount Furniture.

Mad, you are obviously a Bob's employee. Go back to work, you may end up needing the money.

Well pull cables would not just break on their own, it must be do to the method in which they are used... or if for instance they were sticking to far up on the seat rather than below the cushion, if someone continuously sat on the handle, it would repeatedly bend the cable making it weak.

So either one of those cases are present here.

One is a customer caused issue, the other is the way the manufacturer places the handles.

In any case, at least Bob's takes care of the problem for you.

Stop mistreating your furniture, that way it'll last a lot longer. ***.

View more comments (2)