Bobs Discount Furniture - Recliner sofa peeling off badly and broken spring
I purchased a whole bedroom set and a recliner sofa from bob's furniture store.When purchasing, the salesman asked me to buy the 5 year goof proof warranty which will cover basically everything and if there is any problem that they will replace it for me so I did.
My sofa is peeling off badly, so bad that it is embarrassing to even keep it at home and the spring supporting the footrest broke twice within 4 years of use. I called for the service and I am told that they will fix the spring but I have to live with the terribly peeled sofa. A technician came over today and took pictures of it and sent them to the service center to a lady name Missy and told me that they will probably replace it since the peeling is so bad and unfixable. When the technician called the office and spoke to Missy and gave her all the details(the whole time they were on speaker phone) and Missy asked to speak to me and told me that the peeling isn't covered unless there is a punctured hole all the way through the sofa done by accident.
The only way to do that is to stab it with a knife! So basically, Bob's furniture is making it impossible to get covered by the Goof Proof Warranty intentionally. What a way to make money by selling useless warranty to their customers. Terrible service and quality of goods.
I am attaching 2 pictures and they are only partial to the whole peeling which is ridiculously bad.If I need to show all I will have to upload at least 6 pictures but even with these 2, it shows very well the quality of the sofa.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Style and Design|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Product quality and useless warranty
- Reason of review:
- bad quality and warranty issue
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Ditto this story. The only difference is that the leather colored coating flaked off the edges in just a few months. Also bought the worthless good proof warranty ..."
- "About 2 years ago, my wife and I purchased 2 leather couches from Bob's discount furniture, total cost approximately $1,200, and also purchased this $149 goof proof insurance. After..."
- "I was still in the process organizing my living room when my sofa was delivered. I subsequently noticed that there was a small damaged spot on the back of the..."
- "Before I get into my review of my experience with Preview Models, I would first like to be one of the first to step out from behind the veil of..."
- "I had booked my travel from Mumbai to London via Abu Dhabi via Etihad Airways and have had the most horrible and horrid experience I have had in my lifetime..."
- "Where do I begin.... We have had nothing but issues with Ryan Homes. To start, quality of work is bottom of the barrel. After moving in, it became immediately apparent..."
- "December 22 I placed an order for a cable to use with my Blue-ray player. I was told 5-6 business days for delivery. I understood during the holidays my package..."
- "Purchased a large duffle bag for traveling 2 times a year. This is my third year using this bag One of the D-Rings on one end of the..."
- " "I called American Musical Supply (AMS) at 1-877-281-8332 requesting to change the credit card on record to another card (3) three days in advance of my pending monthly charge- it..."