Bobs Discount Furniture - Recliner sofa peeling off badly and broken spring

I purchased a whole bedroom set and a recliner sofa from bob's furniture store.When purchasing, the salesman asked me to buy the 5 year goof proof warranty which will cover basically everything and if there is any problem that they will replace it for me so I did.

My sofa is peeling off badly, so bad that it is embarrassing to even keep it at home and the spring supporting the footrest broke twice within 4 years of use. I called for the service and I am told that they will fix the spring but I have to live with the terribly peeled sofa. A technician came over today and took pictures of it and sent them to the service center to a lady name Missy and told me that they will probably replace it since the peeling is so bad and unfixable. When the technician called the office and spoke to Missy and gave her all the details(the whole time they were on speaker phone) and Missy asked to speak to me and told me that the peeling isn't covered unless there is a punctured hole all the way through the sofa done by accident.

The only way to do that is to stab it with a knife! So basically, Bob's furniture is making it impossible to get covered by the Goof Proof Warranty intentionally. What a way to make money by selling useless warranty to their customers. Terrible service and quality of goods.

I am attaching 2 pictures and they are only partial to the whole peeling which is ridiculously bad.If I need to show all I will have to upload at least 6 pictures but even with these 2, it shows very well the quality of the sofa.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Style and Design

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Product quality and useless warranty

Reason of review:
bad quality and warranty issue
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #866149 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Bobs Discount Furniture? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 15 #1173578

I forgot to mention my email to be contacted and other problems. Other than the sofa I stated that I have purchased a whole bedroom set as well. The chest in our bedroom became bumpy and peeled as well just by using humidifier for 3 days. Truly disappointed not only at the warranty service but also the lousy quality of Bob's Furniture products.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.