I purchased a whole bedroom set and a recliner sofa from bob's furniture store.When purchasing, the salesman asked me to buy the 5 year goof proof warranty which will cover basically everything and if there is any problem that they will replace it for me so I did.
My sofa is peeling off badly, so bad that it is embarrassing to even keep it at home and the spring supporting the footrest broke twice within 4 years of use. I called for the service and I am told that they will fix the spring but I have to live with the terribly peeled sofa. A technician came over today and took pictures of it and sent them to the service center to a lady name Missy and told me that they will probably replace it since the peeling is so bad and unfixable. When the technician called the office and spoke to Missy and gave her all the details(the whole time they were on speaker phone) and Missy asked to speak to me and told me that the peeling isn't covered unless there is a punctured hole all the way through the sofa done by accident.
The only way to do that is to stab it with a knife! So basically, Bob's furniture is making it impossible to get covered by the Goof Proof Warranty intentionally. What a way to make money by selling useless warranty to their customers. Terrible service and quality of goods.
I am attaching 2 pictures and they are only partial to the whole peeling which is ridiculously bad.If I need to show all I will have to upload at least 6 pictures but even with these 2, it shows very well the quality of the sofa.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Style and Design|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Product quality and useless warranty
- Reason of review:
- bad quality and warranty issue
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "Our entire experience with Bob's has been nothing less than a nightmare from delivery to now! We are first time "new furniture buyers" Delievery Day 3 men pull up in..."
- "I'm having the same issue with the flaky and peeling of my sofa after just 4 years, I purchased the Cambridge sofa (SKU# 552847)at the Stoughton, MA location. ..."
- "TERRIBLE experience. Terrible quality. First of all I've never written a review in my life but I have to for this one. i ordered the charisma sofa which apparently can..."
- "December 22 I placed an order for a cable to use with my Blue-ray player. I was told 5-6 business days for delivery. I understood during the holidays my package..."
- "Mike Naples honestly the first 4 days my friend and I thought everything was great. The food was delicious. We anxiously awaited but that soon stopped. The foods started to..."
- "Faulty delivery, items got stolen due to delivery through multiple countries e.g. Malaysia, Taiwan, Korea, China,Japan etc. Still hasn't received my tablet pc yet, contacted customer service Which is very..."
- "Georgia power deserves to be dismantled. This company could care less about safety. They are arrogant dictators with zero respect for the public they serve and the property owners they..."
- "We thought that the expensive leather construction was the way to go. On the left seat of the sofa, the thread wasn't pulled as tight as on the right seat. ..."
- "I selected my refrigerator delivery for Oct 27 the 4-8 window. On Oct 26, I received a voice message confirming the Oct 27 delivery date and window...."