Milford, Massachusetts
Featured

We went into Bob's, Bellingham, complaining that the last living room set we had bought from then fell apart in a year or so while a similar leather set from Jordans had lasted 30yr. We were told that the problem was that had bought a bonded leather set. Bonded leather being mixed *** with a max of 17% actual leather particles! I told them that we had dogs and would never had bought particle ***! So being a trusting sort, ie.. ***, so we asked for the 100% leather sets. Two were pointed out, both over 3k. That was the approx price at Jordans years before so we thought about it and bought it. 60 days later the head rest had a 3" tear. And it wasn't leather. This sht had the consistency of wet cardboard. Since we spent at least an hour complaining about their fraudulent marketing practices regarding "bonded" leather, we were plenty PD'ed! So we called the service dot and complained. The operator's initial reaction was shock. She stated that yup, that 100% leather.. A few min later, she changed her story to, 100% leather "where the body touches" & Split leather on the sides and back. Two things about that, 1) even if I had known that this was another scam & bought it anyway, it's still a sham since the head is part of the body. 2) I saw other sets there that were clearly labeled as "body only"! We weren't interested in another scam and passed!

Since then, we sent pictures and a description and was blown off. Since then another piece ripped down the side. So we called Wells Fargo, their ccard company and start a procedure to dispute the charge.

Also planning on calling the Mass AG and BBB.

PS: apart from the leather scam, one piece was a sleeper. The cushions are constantly sliding off or in too far.

Review about: Bobs Discount Furniture Furniture Set.

Had an Experience with Bobs Discount Furniture?

Comments

Dayton, Ohio, United States #941985

So why did you purchase from them again after the first set fell apart in a year?