Bobs Discount Furniture - Review about Living Room Set from Milford, Massachusetts
We went into Bob's, Bellingham, complaining that the last living room set we had bought from then fell apart in a year or so while a similar leather set from Jordans had lasted 30yr. We were told that the problem was that had bought a bonded leather set. Bonded leather being mixed *** with a max of 17% actual leather particles! I told them that we had dogs and would never had bought particle ***! So being a trusting sort, ie.. ***, so we asked for the 100% leather sets. Two were pointed out, both over 3k. That was the approx price at Jordans years before so we thought about it and bought it. 60 days later the head rest had a 3" tear. And it wasn't leather. This sht had the consistency of wet cardboard. Since we spent at least an hour complaining about their fraudulent marketing practices regarding "bonded" leather, we were plenty PD'ed! So we called the service dot and complained. The operator's initial reaction was shock. She stated that yup, that 100% leather.. A few min later, she changed her story to, 100% leather "where the body touches" & Split leather on the sides and back. Two things about that, 1) even if I had known that this was another scam & bought it anyway, it's still a sham since the head is part of the body. 2) I saw other sets there that were clearly labeled as "body only"! We weren't interested in another scam and passed!
Since then, we sent pictures and a description and was blown off. Since then another piece ripped down the side. So we called Wells Fargo, their ccard company and start a procedure to dispute the charge.
Also planning on calling the Mass AG and BBB.
PS: apart from the leather scam, one piece was a sleeper. The cushions are constantly sliding off or in too far.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Living Room Set
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I bought a sectional from bobs with goof proof. It started ripping off in 1 yr and the guardian company which is their insurance says they don't take care of..."
- "I have had my bed for a total of 7months and the slat has already broken off from the headboard. I'm only 130lbs!!! Delivered the wrong slats from the beginning..."
- "Bob's is on their 7th attempt to get my bedroom set order straight; an order from Dec 22nd 2010 no less. Not only has each delivery guy not been..."
- "Fiterman sports sent me back a helmet that I had signed at an autograph signing through their company with smudge and smear marks all over the helmet. This helmet..."
- "I "have" a brand new Spirit Silver 27qp, but I can't use it. The generator hasn't worked correctly since I bought it 7 weeks ago; it's nearly impossible to start..."
- "In March of this year, I purchased a 2014 Toyota Tacoma regular cab, which is advertised to tow up to 3500 lbs. Shortly thereafter, I discovered that the..."
- "It's a great airline if you like the idea of a flying a city bus. I don't normally do reviews but I had to go out of my way to..."
- "IHole in One International had such bad reviews BBB Bad reviews many of them I considered doing work with hole in one international and looked into their background and i..."
- "I purchased a new home in May of 2016 from this builder in Indianola Iowa. The home itself was beautiful and they did an overall great job. I did not..."