Style and Design

I purchased about $2000 worth of furniture including a bed frame, mattress, sofa, and two dressers from Bob's in October 2012. I also purchased the "goof proof" protection plan on both the bed frame and the sofa. I'll start by talking about the bed.

About a year after I had bought the furniture my bed completely collapsed while I was sleeping in it. I was pretty upset seeing as the bed was only a year old and I called Bob's to fix it. They indeed came to fix it without too much hassle. About 7 months later the bed collapsed again in all the places that had previously been "fixed" plus some new areas. The bed was less than 2 years old, it should not have been falling apart. I called Bob's again but this time they told me that I was not eligible for the goof proof protection because it seemed like my bed had manufacturing issues, even though they had come to fix it the first time for the same reasons. After getting hung up and calling back a few times they finally transferred me to manufacturing, where I was told that they would also not fix it because the 1 year warranty had already expired. They did offer to send some one out to look at it..in 3 weeks. So basically expected to sleep in a completely broken bed for 3 weeks until they came in person to tell me they couldn't fix it. I ended up just tossing the entire bed and bought a quality one from a competing store.

On to the couch. Within a month of getting the couch, two of the cushion zippers broke. Throughout the time I have had the couch its seams have split in several places. I also have pets that have caused some stains on the couch. Once again I called Bob's because all of these problems are covered under my goof proof plan. After explaining the situation several times I was placed on hold for 28 minutes. When the customer service rep "Bill" returned he told me that would not fix any of the problems I was having because I did not call them every time something had happened and that I had originally tried to repair the splits myself. I was furious. I had paid a good amount of money for this extra "protection" and they have basically refused to honor any request that I have had.

Bottom line...shop some where else. Some where with quality furniture and helpful customer service. I will never again give a dime of my money to Bob's cheap furniture outlet and I suggest that any one else looking to buy furniture do the same.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of bobs discount furniture sofa from Bobs Discount Furniture. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $750 and wants Bobs Discount Furniture to offer any options to resolve the issue.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Bobs Discount Furniture for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments