1.2
Style and Design

I bought a couch set in the back warehouse at the merrillville, indiana location. They pointed out a tear and the fact that the couches were mismatched (one electric the other manual).

We chose to buy them anyways. What they did not tell us was that the couch had structural damage and was completely broken. They refused to give me my money back, a discount, or send a tech to fix it. We even offered to pay the tech and they told us no.

All of the stuff we purchased was a final sale with no returns and no warrenty (with the understanding that all of the flaws and damage was pointed out prior to us purchasing the couch). No one told us that it was completely broken to the point where it could not be repaired. I had to pay 700 dolllars for a repair man from a couch repair company to fix it. Upon his investigation, he found that the couch had a shotty repair (like someone had already tampered with it and tried to fix it).

There were non-manufactured boards and screws that were used to reinforce the structure which damaged the wood even further. Essentially, after it was all said and done, i still had to pay the repair man for labor, but he came to the conclusion that it was not fixable. Now i am in the hole 1500 dollars for a couch i cannot use. I understand the terms of final sale, but selling a couch with minor damage and notifying the consumer prior to purchasing is way different than selling a broken couch, possibly trying to cover it up, and not telling the consumer.

I have contacted the store location and corporate several times and they pretty much told me that it was my fault for purchasing a broken couch and that i should have inspected it first. I am a consumer, not a sales person or a couch expert so it is not my reponsibility to make sure Bob's is not ripping off their customers.

Review about: Bobs Discount Furniture Sofa.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments