Manchester, New Hampshire

If you are looking for furniture that stands the test of time and whose namesake backs up their product; stay far away from Bobs! Their customer service is not helpful, but they are polite. The CS at Bob's Corporate does not return phone messages (we left 7 over the span of a month). Their "Goof Proof" covers nothing and is a waste of money. The "Goof Proof" reps chalk up everything as "customer misuse" despite their product being garbage.

Here's the Bob's complaint list:

1 $1,000 couch, 3 missed days of work due to claims visits to investigate 1" tears in places where we don't even sit (not on time by the way), 1 extremely rude claims representative that visits your house, 1 lying salesman (who produced a pen and stabbed the couch 50 times to show us that it would not rip or tear), 1 tear within 1 month of purchase, 5 tears within 6 months of purchase, 1 piece of wood which is poorly padded (just happens to be the place you lay your head) and 16 months of trying to get satisfaction from this company. Pointless. Spend the money, go to a reputable furniture store with reputable product and respectable customer service. Bob's merchandise isn't even worthy of a compost pile in my humble opinion.

It amazes me that the Better Business Bureau rates them a "B" on a scale from A+ to F. This suggests to me that the BBB is not hearing from 90% of the people that have had problems. Please, please, file a complaint with the BBB so we, as ripped off and unsatisfied consumers, can put this disgrace of a company in its place. Please follow this link: https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/getstarted.aspx

The process takes a little bit of time and may not yield immediate results, but if enough of us file a complaint, something will have to happen, eventually.

Comments

i bought 4 sofas two leather and one fabric i have no complaints i'll take a b anytime from a-f this stuff is good in finished basements or your kids 1st apartment look at the prices you get what you pay for

This is DISCOUNT furniture folks. Somehow Bob has convinced you that its good simply by showing his garbage in his commercials sitting next to a competitors piece and basically telling you that his is just as good at half the price.

IT ISN'T! At least when you shell out 2500 for a real Tempupedic, for example, you have 90 days to sleep on it and they will give u your money back if u dont like it. With the "Bob O Pedic" sure it only costs 1000 but you just wasted that 1000 when u find out it doesnt give u sleep. You get what u pay for people.

Cheapo places will NEVER stand behind their products.

You have all fallen for this fraudulent hebes sales gimmicks. He should be locked up.

The problem with bobs "discount" furniture is that when they go to a manufacturer, in order to lower the price they take out padding, wood, anything they can to get it cheaper. I am in the furniture business and I have seen their furniture taken apart and there is not much to it.

Bobs has the worse furniture out there! My son is on his 2nd bedroom set from them and the rep came to look at it and said that it could not be fixed!

I coud see if the furniture was 7-10 yrs old, but its not its barely 3 and the bed is ruined and 6 drawers on his chest & dresser are broken!! I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING from them EVER AGAIN! The customer service rep said that it wasn't under warranty anymore and then turned around and said that well we've been out here to fix it 4 tims already! DUH!

And you didn't fix it properly!! I will be spending my $ at Raymour & Flanagan or Pilgrim from now on!

Suck it up lady