Lewiston, Maine

I purchased a mattress in October 2011 after a house fire required me to get a new one. I received my mattress from Bob's discount and loved it.

It had a sag warranty on it and since I know mattresses can sag at times, I thought it was perfect for us. I had the mattress only 3 months before it exceeded its sag guarantee (guarantee of no more than 1 inch, it sagged 2 inches). I called and Bob's exchanged the mattress for me. Since I liked the one I had so much, I chose the same brand.

Unfortunately I suffered the same experience with a two inch sag within months. When I called to exchange it again, I went into the store to select a new mattress. I was explained that the mattress I liked had since been upgraded. So I sat on the mattress in the store, it felt great, and I went ahead and ordered the "upgraded" version.

As soon as it arrived, I noticed the stitching was made of a different color. I sat on the mattress and it was EXTREMELY firm. I called and complained that I didn't like the mattress, that it was not the same one from in the store, and I was getting back problems from the firmness - and was told I had to have it in my home for 60 days before I could return it. As requested when my 60 days were up, I called and requested to have my money back.

I was informed that I could have a store refund only. When I explained that I wanted the money back because there were no comparable mattresses in the store and I needed to purchase a new one; I was informed that the policy was that I could only have a return within 60 days of my original purchase. I explained that I was within that timeframe and was told that my ORIGINAL purchase was in October! I was baffled!!!!

I received two defective mattresses and then this new one which was FASLELY sold to me and the customer service agents refused to return my money. I followed the policy, it has been 60 days since that mattress has been in my home and I should not be penalized for the two prior DEFECTIVE mattresses that I had been sold.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bobs Discount Furniture Mattress.

Comments

Bob Cares

I'm sorry to hear that your new mattress isn't working out. Please email me at BobCares@MyBobs.com and I'll see what I can do to assist. Thanks, Eric.

Bobs Discount Furniture Reviews