Complete and total junk. I warned my girlfriend not to deal with these scammers, but she thought she knew better. After all, aren't they folksy on the phone!

She needed a mattress set. Shopping for a mattress set is tricky...there are no sleazier sellers than the bedding business. I had told her to go to or order from Norwalk Mattress Company, the most reputable that I've found.

Stay away from Sleepy's. They are ripoff artists. 800 Mattress is OK. For $500.00, I can recommend their Islandia Queen Plus. Nice for the money.

But Bob's is the sleaziest of the sleaze. They sell junk, and of course, don't stand behind it. Her Bob-O-Pedic experience is insulting. Plus, when they arrived, the plastic was ripped, and dirt, rips and scuff marks were on the edge of the mattress, where it was dragged.

To my girlfriend's credit, she saw this and wouldn't allow their delivery morons into the house. They kept shoving the receipt book to sign in her face. She refused to sign. They stood over her, pressuring her to sign. They spoke absolutely zero English.

There is no doubt that these delivery felons would have left the mattress in the hall, except they are required to get a signature.

She called Bob's, but after waiting 25-minutes on the phone, she gave up.

Because she refused to sign and take delivery, her's has a happy ending. I feel sorry for others who simply don't know how to research stores before buying. Stay away from this hellhole. Buy cheap, buy twice. And it doesn't get any cheaper than Bob's.

Review about: Bobs Discount Furniture Furniture Set.

Comments

#203663

I don't know where Matt is getting his 98% consumer happiness stat, per the BBB company score is C- and had many more complaints listed than their competitors when I looked last week....I only looked this up when a "leather" couch I ordered oct 1 magically disappeared from their ware house, im still waiting for delivery....

How many of these posters work for competing furniture companies. This poster sounds eerily like Bernie and Phil's daughter (don't tell Bernie)

That's right the delivery guy raped my dog, then he kicked it. I was so upset I wet myself. You people are either full of cr*p or you let the world walk all over you.

Consumer One - I decided to test out a theory. You say because all these concerned consumers decided to post on here their negative experiences, Bob's must be the worst company of all time and not worth shopping at.

Well genius, take a look on this very website, all of our competitors are here as well... with just as many, and very similar complaints.

So, who do you go to if everyone is so bad? You better start building your own furniture from now one.

Chianni, Tuscany, Italy #37575

The bottom line--judging from the earnest consumers who went out of their way to comment about Bob's Discount Furniture--is that Bob's sells inferior, cheap, crappy furniture, has terrible customer support (if you can get them on the phone), and terrible delivery people.

The bottom line here is...don't buy from Bob's. You can get much, much better for your money, while supporting furniture store's that really care about your business and support.

Bob's might have homey ad's, but that flies out the window once your credit card is authorized.

Bob's can wheel-out as many "Craig's" as they want, but people are smarter than that. Hopefully they read these reviews, and stay as far away from Bob's as possible.

One more thing...my friend needed a console to hold his 50" LCD TV and equipment He actually looked at Bob's, until I told him to stay away. Want to know what he did? He went on Craigslist, and bought a beautiful used West Elm dark chocolate-colored console on casters.

It is absolutely beautiful. He paid $130 for it...and it sells at West Elm for $400.00. What a smart move. I'd much rather buy used than buy the junk that Bob's sells...and then dealing with their vacant customer service when it breaks, or when their inept delivery people don't show, or destroy the furniture.

I am so sick of all you people complaining about Bobs. Everyone has issues, I get customers all the time who tell me that Bobs is the best company and that they have had issues with Ashley or Cardis or Jordans before.

Act like adults, dont you ever make a mistake???? When you deliver millions of dollars worth of furniture a week, things are going to happen.

We do our best to correct them and if we fail, we give you your money back. Why cant you act like adults and find something better to do with your time???

Not that I like to say things like this in general, but I just have to say it to you Mr. Greg - you must be retarded.

Investigate me for defending a company against ridiculour accusations? Well that is an interesting point of view - and by interesting I certainly me asinine.

Now, to the former customer.

I of course cannot account for every action of every delivery team (having several hundred) that works for Bob's directly as an employee or independent contractor, but I can tell you in general I delivery teams do not threaten or intimidate customers to accept deliveries of merchandise, and if they ever do such a thing, they would swiftly be reported to their supervisors and depending on the extent of the issue, would be disciplined appropriately... and in general that would be termination.

Chianni, Tuscany, Italy #35339

Matt...Why would she accept a ripped, scuffed and damaged mattress in the first place? That's idiotic.

Just read other comments on this site about their Bob's Discount Furniture experiences. They are awful.

I suggest that people do their research. I would rather buy used West Elm furniture on Craigslist than new junk from Bob's.

Heck, I'd rather buy a used mattress from a private party than a questionable one from Bob's. From our experience....and many others on this site, Bob's is a disreputable company.

I aree 100% with you consumer one. Bob's Discount Furniture should be investigated along with Craig the clown.

The amount of complaints are ridiculous and to see just one person "craig" on this site always commenting makes you wonder about his affiliation to the business.

Hey Craig...get a f#%&g life and a real job! Bobs sells Garbage!

Zwolle, Overijssel, Netherlands #35061

if she had accepted it and called in the damage within 3 days they wouldve exchanged it no questions asked, get your facts straight. Ive worked at many different furniture companies and bobs is the best one ive worked for.

They bend over backwards for people most of the time.

Im sorry about your experience just know that 98% of customers are satisfied. What isnt on this website are the thousands of satisfied customers every year from bobs.

Chianni, Tuscany, Italy #34784

Matt...The reason you don't see more Bob's complaints online is that most people don't know that a site like this exists.

Our main complaint was that Bob's delivery felons tried to physically intimidate my girlfriend after she refused to take delivery of a mattress that was ripped, scuffed, and dirty.

Just read the reviews here. The common thread is terrible customer service, nasty delivery people, and poor quality furniture.

If my girlfriend had taken delivery of her ripped mattress from Bob's, she would have been stuck with it. Then it would have started a Bob's Customer Service nightmare. You know it, I know it.

In the future, go to a reputable bedding reseller, or a quality furniture store. If you go to a schlock shop like Bob's, you'll be disappointed.

Zwolle, Overijssel, Netherlands #34755

ok ill keep this nice and short. Obviously a company as big as bob's making almost 10k deliveries a week is gonna have complaints. Considering the amount of furniture that goes out daily, they have only a small percentage of complaints.

Chianni, Tuscany, Italy #34560

Is Craig a *** for Bob's? These "background checked" delivery morons were threatening to my girlfriend. I thank god she didn't accept delivery.

Amazing Craig that you didn't comment on how they tried to force my girlfriend to take delivery on a damaged item...a mattress that was scuffed and ripped.

She tried calling Bob's and couldn't get through...for 25 minutes before she hung up.

Bob's is the All-Star of consumer complaints. When you sell junk and back it up with threatening delivery people and shoddy customer service, you don't deserve any positive reviews or loyalty.

Craig, go back to defending Bush and McCain. You might have better results than shilling for Bob's Discount Furniture.

Well, right off you started your asinine tirade with a misleading statement. Bob's matresses are JUNK?

How would you know that if you did not even receive one? The fact that the one you were expecting to have delivered had a damage issue you with it does not make the quality bad, it means it was handled bad somewhere down the line. And trust me, that signature means nothing at all, you are basically signing to say someone came to your home, regardless of the outcome.

And I like how you call the delivery team "morons" for trying to do there job, you sound like the *** to me, if you care for my opinion. Yes, and I am also sure the delivery team were felons, considering the extensive backround check Bob's does for their teams, based on the nature of their job - but you're probably right, since I can tell you are a Know-it-All.