1.3

On 8/25/18 I went to Bob's Discount Furniture to purchase furniture since I was moving the following weekend 9/1/2018 to Bridgeport CT. I picked out a nice bedroom set with a store associate named Jean Carlos Perez.

I specifically asked Jean would the mattress require a box spring or mattress base. Jean pick up the mattress, looked underneath and said no. Satisfied, I went ahead and made the purchase totaling roughly $2700. My delivery window was supposed to have been between 12:45 and 4:00pm but I received a text at 8:49am stating they would be at my new address in an hour and a half.

My fiancé and I rushed back to CT from NY to meet the delivery team, who arrived within 10 minutes of us getting there. As they delivery team began assembling the bed, he asked my fiancé why didn't I get a box spring. When I came into the room he explained to me we can't sleep on the bed without one. I told him what the sales rep Jean said and he told me this was in no way accurate and sales reps are not properly trained.

I was given a number and spent almost 3 hours on the phone trying to get a solution. I couldn't get a box spring delivered later on in the day, or the following day. The earliest delivery day was Wednesday, I explained to them I manage a school bus company and the upcoming week is the first week of school and as the manager I have to be there. They also demaded I pay the full price of the box spring while admitting the sales rep gave incorrect information.

My fiancé wont be home until after 4 pm, they couldn't guarantee me they could deliver it after that time. I also explained I suffer from sciatica, which is a debilitating back condition and I was told to BUY AN AIR MATTRESS. Even when they finally agreed to refund my money the earliest I could have the furniture removed from my home would be 2 weeks which is preposterous. All they offered to do was refund part of the delivery fee.

Absolute nonsense. I feel that more should be done to help customer spending thousands of dollars in your store, especially ones that suffer from medical conditions. We were forced to sleep on the couch.

The following day we went to IKEA and purchased a base, we also had to pay someone to come to our home and build it for us. THANKS BOBS.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bobs Discount Furniture Mattress.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Bobs Discount Furniture Pros: Delivery guys were nice and tried to help.

Comments